IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT IQOS DEVICE
PMI offers a variety of quality, scientifically substantiated smoke-free products that are much better choices than continued smoking. Our vision is that our smoke-free products will one day replace cigarettes.
• Cigarette smoking causes serious diseases and is addictive. Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
• PMI’s smoke-free products are for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
• We do not offer PMI’s smoke-free products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products. Our smoke-free products are not an alternative to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids.
• Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
Please read more about Good Conversion Practices for PMI’s smoke-free products here.
SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
Tobacco and Nicotine
• Tobacco sticks for heating produced by Philip Morris International Inc. (in the text below: tobacco sticks for heating) contain nicotine, which is addictive.
• IQOS and tobacco sticks for heating are not risk-free. The best way to reduce tobacco-related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
• Some users of IQOS and tobacco sticks for heating reported experiencing abdominal pain, chest pain, choking sensation, cough, difficulty breathing, dizziness, dry mouth, dry throat, gingivitis, headache, malaise, nasal stuffiness, nausea, mouth irritation, palpitations, throat irritation, and vomiting.
• Nicotine-containing products should not be used by people who have or are at risk of heart disease, are diabetic, are epileptic, or are experiencing seizures.
• Nicotine-containing products should not be used during pregnancy or while breast-feeding. If you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or think you may be pregnant, you should quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
• Stopping smoking or switching to IQOS and tobacco sticks for heating or other nicotine-containing products may require the adjustment of the dosing of certain medicines (e.g. theophylline, clozapine, ropinirole).
• If you have questions about whether you should use IQOS and tobacco sticks for heating given an existing health condition, consult a health care professional.
Exclusive Use of Tobacco Sticks for Heating
• Only purchase IQOS and tobacco sticks for heating from your local stores or other authorized retailers.
• Only use IQOS with tobacco sticks for heating. Never use IQOS with a cigarette or similar products or accessories that are not approved for usage with IQOS. Doing so may result in injury.
• Do not modify tobacco sticks for heating in any way or add any substance to them. Doing so may result in injury.
Prior to use of a product, users should read the full Safety Warnings and Instructions, which contain important safety information about the use of the product.